Monday, February 13, 2012

Cocktail, anyone?

Last week I decided to venture into Paris for cocktails one night. I stumbled across a Meetup group that was getting together at a bar called Un Dimanche a Paris. This place is all about chocolate - so it was a perfect fit.

I had a couple of chocolate inspired cocktails, met some other international folks living in Paris, and all in all, had a really nice time.


The only downside was how long it took me to get home (I think I left the bar at about 9:45 and arrived home around 11 or 11:10) - the bus doesn't run all that frequently at night and it was cold. But, thank goodness for my Kindle!

Oh, and a strange aside: I am finding Maine connections everywhere. At the cocktail hour, I met a man who lived in Ellsworth before moving to France and a woman who grew up in Spain, but spent her summers at camp in Casco. Such a small world - even across the Atlantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment