Ok, so today was the first Sunday of the month - free museums in Paris. So, I decided it would be best to go to one I haven't been to before. So, I chose the Pompidou Center - modern art at its best.
But, honestly, I don't really love modern art. I try, but for the most part, it just isn't my thing. It is too abstract and I just don't get most of it.
Despite that, it was a fun afternoon. I met up with Maureen, an au pair from South Africa living in a suburb to the west of Paris until April 10. She was really nice and I'll hopefully be going to Barcelona with her and Reagan in just two short weeks.
Brice came along too and though he shares my opinion of modern art, he did get to practice his English a lot! Overall, it was the first time any of us have been to this museum and we were all glad that we went, but it wasn't really our style.
I did however enjoy the great views of Paris that we got from the observation deck at the top of the museum as well as a few paintings that caught my eye and a great metal sculpture that was white and purple.
 |
| A model of le Centre Pompidou |
 |
| Me, Brice, and Maureen at the top of le Centre Pompidou |

Views of the Eiffel Tower and Sacre Coeur
 |
| A cool sculpture cave thing that we could go into that was painted. |
 |
| My favorite sculpture at the museum. It is all metal and was designed by a computer program. |
 |
| One of my favorite Kandinsky paintings at the museum. |
 |
| A Picasso sculpture of a girl skipping rope. |
 |
| Crushed metal |
When we got home, I cooked my first meal for the family - chili. It came out pretty good considering we couldn't find chili powder anywhere, so I used premixed packets of spices. But, everyone seemed to enjoy it and I'll make another double batch for the family next Friday night before I head to the Loire Valley for the weekend (they're having 15 people over for dinner Saturday night when I'm gone).
Now, I am just trying to stay awake to watch the Super Bowl, which starts at 12:30 am here. Philippe took tomorrow off so he could watch the game and we have Heineken in the fridge, so we'll see how it goes. GO PATS!
No comments:
Post a Comment