-Rabbit: At first, I cringed a little inside, hearing that I'd be eating "bunny" (Marcy, thanks for that visual), but it actually was really good. We ate it prepared in a pressure cooker with a sauce that included a bottle of white wine along with some veggies.
-Raclette: I had this before when I was skiing up in the Alps, but back then I just ate cheese and potatoes. This time, I tried several different kinds of charcuterie (prepared meat products) including chicken (I think this was just for my benefit), beef, and pork. I honestly can't remember the names of everything I've eaten.
This is a fun meal because you melt the cheese under a burner and then pour it over the meat and potatoes. It is a very relaxed meal that takes a while (we had it for lunch last Sunday) and leaves you extremely full!
-Thursday night, I went out to dinner in Paris at a restaurant called Louis Vins (for the HUGE wine menu of at least 10 pages or so) and steered clear of the lamb, sheep, and veal (I just couldn't do it) and I chose a fish dish instead, which was very tasty.
In non-meat related food news, I have been eating many different kinds of cheese that range from hard to soft and mild to strong, lots of yogurt, bread and pastries (this morning we had croissants with the blueberry jam that I brought from Maine), and of course chocolate!
Most meals consist of the main course, then cheese if you want it, then yogurt and fruit. And, I think my body is also finally getting used to not eating dinner until like 9 or 10 at night.
Since Marie-Christine works late most nights, I have offered to do some cooking, so now I just need to make a grocery list of the recipes I know (chili and lentil soup will be my first two, I think) and see if we can get everything here.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment