Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Les Soldes (sales!)

Ok, so I've been a bit delinquent in writing and I haven't really taken many pictures this past week, but I have gone shopping a couple of times!

As I noted in an earlier post, the sales here happen only twice per year - January and June. They run until February 14. So, on Saturday, I ventured into Paris with Ophelie and Brice to do some shopping - my primary goal was to get a larger purse that zips so I can bring all of my stuff with me into the city each day.  And, I succeeded. We also found a small boutique where I bought a little black dress (though I don't have dress shoes here to wear it with)! The city was a mob scene and there were tons of people out. But, it was fun to walk around and speak a mix of French and English and just have a good afternoon. And, Brice was definitely a good sport following us girls around all afternoon!

Then, yesterday I went with Emeline, Aurelien, and Gina (a friend of Emeline) to the outlets in Troyes.  We left here around 9 am, arrived there about 12:30 and then shopped until everything closed at 7 pm. I managed to keep my shopping to a minimum, but everyone else bought a ton! The outlets there were very similar to those in Freeport and Kittery and there were a lot of American brands. And, on account of the sales, things were marked down even lower than normal. However, this place was HUGE! Here's a link to information about it: McArthurGlen Designer Outlets.

In other news, I also booked two trips - I'll be visiting the castles of the Loire Valley the weekend of February 11 - 12 on a bus tour and I'm flying to Florence to see my cousin Erin who is studying abroad from February 23 - 26. Should be a good birthday month!

No comments:

Post a Comment