Monday, April 9, 2012

A Little Slice of Heaven (courtesy of Auguste Rodin)


The Rodin Museum is my favorite museum in Paris, mostly because of the beautiful gardens with sculptures in them.  I waited until the weather was nice and until the museum reopened (or at least partially reopened...it had been closed for renovations until April 1). It was great and everything that I remembered.  I toured the Hotel Biron (indoor part), had lunch at the restaurant in the gardens, and then walked the gardens with Amanda, who met me after class.







Yes, this one isn't by Rodin, but I really like it!













The museum is pretty small, but worth the 6 Euros.  The gardens are only 1 Euro, or you can get an annual subscription for like 15 Euros - definitely worth the investment if you live in Paris!

Me and Amanda
Les Trois Ombres (also included in La Porte d'Enfer)
Le Penseur (he's on the Gates of Hell too)
La Porte d'Enfer (the Gates of Hell) depicts scenes from Dante's Inferno

Victor Hugo
Ugolino - a scene from Dante's Inferno that's also on La Porte d'Enfer

I really consider this place like a little slice of heaven within Paris. Though it was a bit expensive, I had a lunch of a salmon tarte (like a quiche) with salad greens and it was just delicious and relaxing.
 
I can't believe I didn't snap a picture, but there are actually lounge chairs (yes, the kind you can lay out in) in part of the garden. I mean really, who puts lounge chairs in an urban garden? But, I'm not complaining...I just wish I'd be here in June/July to enjoy a nap in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment