Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Though I'm itching to start packing (or really to lay out my clothes I want to take, realize I only need about a quarter of it, and start purging, who am I kidding?), I am trying not to rush through the holidays. It is nice to enjoy the company of family and friends and to appreciate the things that we are thankful for.

I have a great group of people in my life who are so supportive of me and the choices I make, so thank you! Although I am having some anxiety about my upcoming trip (I did mention that I don't love change, right?), I know that it is the right thing for me to be doing. Yesterday, a colleague said to me something along the lines that we should feel anxiety about important decisions - good and bad. I totally agree. I am so excited to be doing this, but also a bit nervous, and that's okay!

So here's to a Merry Christmas for you and yours! I hope it is filled with family, food, fun, and special memories. Oh, and for us, let's not forget bloody marys aplenty and some cinnamon buns (and, cookies too, of course).

The sugar cookies that Dan, Allie, Bridie, and Mary helped me decorate the other night. Almost too beautiful to eat... c'mon, I only said almost!

No comments:

Post a Comment