Saturday, July 28, 2012

Au Revoir Paris! (no, I should say A Plus!)

I promised I would "finish" up this blog (at least for now), so here it goes. My next chapter starts on Monday when I end my 7 months of traveling/vacationing pleasure and begin a new job as Special Projects Manager at City Year Boston.

So, back to my Europe days in April...

With little time remaining and still a ton of stuff to see (somehow I thought that 3 months in Paris would be enough. HA! I don't think anyone ever has ENOUGH time for Paris), I was thankful for warming temperatures and feet that hadn't given out on me yet (with all the walking I'd been doing, I was surprised that my shoes didn't have holes in them).

I ended up not visiting too many new places, but spent my last few days re-visiting my favorite spots with some of my favorite people...

Notre Dame (I will NEVER grow tired of this place)

Sacre Coeur and Montmartre


Rue Mouffetard (Amanda, Maureen and I met up for a farewell lunch - the decorations in this restaurant were great)




Yep, that's money from countries around the world hanging from the ceiling.

Amanda's first escargot - she's a bit scared, but I love em!



Ok, the fountains in front of the Pompidou weren't my favorite, but the water was finally turned on and it was something different to look at, so Amanda and I made a stop there before I got my last Paris meal (or snack of crepe and cafe, mmmm...)









Saying good bye to the Nanquette family was incredibly hard. They became my family away from home and I am so grateful for the way they welcomed me into their home for three months.

Everyone got up early to see me off and Philippe took a vacation day to bring me to the airport. The good bye was made slightly easier by the fact that I was on my way to Ireland and that I would see Philippe, Marie-Christine, Marie France, and Andre in New York City in only about three short weeks.

I am already itching to head back to Paris and maybe also at some point to Palavas for some beach time (Ophelie is there for August, but with my new job and no money, another trip won't be happening now). Merci pour tout et a plus, Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment