We started off Saturday by climbing the Duomo. And, given my awesome fear of heights, I have to say that I think I did pretty well. There were a few woozy moments, but all-in-all, it was one of my better climbing experiences.
I walked past and went in the Duomo on Friday and captured a lot of pictures then, so here's some outside, inside, and on top photos:
We stopped by a cafe to get iced coffee and headed to Central Market and San Lorenzo Market. I picked up a few lovely things including a leather purse, a scarf, and some dried fruit/nuts to snack on.
From there, we went to a great sandwich place for lunch and I was feeling better to the point I could actually enjoy my sandwich without grimacing with each swallow...
Next, we went to the Basilica of San Croce, the site of many tombs of famous people including DaVinci, Machiavelli, and Michelangelo. This building was incredible and totally worth the entry fee.
From there, it was back to the apartment for a rest before our wonderful pasta dinner.
We had great wine, tasty salads (ours had pine nuts, arugula, emmenthal cheese, and avocado), scrumptious pasta (I had the pear, asparagus, cream tortellini, the other was a spinach/ricotta ravioli with pomodoro sauce), and fabulous desserts (cheesecake and tiramasu) - and all for only 21 Euros each!
We then grabbed a beer at a local bar before calling it a night!
Sunday morning, Erin and I had the chance to walk for a while, see Dante's house, stop in the Chiesa della SS. Annunziata, get some great coffee, and see some Florence street art before I grabbed a cab and headed back to Paris.
Florence was amazing. Small enough to walk everywhere, but big enough to be a city. The weather was gorgeous and I'm sad that I couldn't stay longer to enjoy the city's charm!

















No comments:
Post a Comment